Your oral health needs love and attention while you are pregnant. In fact, many dangerous conditions have now been linked to your oral health and pregnancy through many medical studies. If you are expecting a child, then be sure to take care of your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Karl Schneck, can help you with your oral health. Furthermore, our team at Karl E. Schneck, DDS, PC in Medford, Oregon, has provided some insight for you on what you need to know about your oral health if you are pregnant.
Here is a list of tips and facts on pregnancy and your oral health:
– Pregnancy is known to increase your risk of gum disease.
– When you are pregnant, due to morning sickness and being extremely tired, poor oral hygiene can become a problem and has been linked to other conditions such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and premature delivery making it more critical than ever to keep up with your oral hygiene routine.
– Always visit your dentist regularly when you are pregnant to make sure your oral health is in top-notch shape.
– Be sure to tell your dentist if you are taking any medications or prenatal vitamins.
– Keep up with your oral hygiene, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily.
– Watch your diet while you are pregnant for both you and your baby and avoid sugars which can be harmful to your health and your oral health too.
As you can see, make sure to take good care of your oral health, so you can have a healthy transition into motherhood. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need to see an oral health care professional, please call us today at 541-779-4344 to make an appointment.